The AntiMethod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fashion Philosophy Overview

2 posters

Go down

Fashion Philosophy Overview Empty Fashion Philosophy Overview

Post by DoublePoppa Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:47 am

Anyone who has seen me can tell you that I am not a walking billboard. I rarely go out and spend lots of money on clothing. I don't go to the hottest shops and put piles of cash into their registers. Sometimes I wish I could but what is really more important is an attitude of improvement.

First question that might pop into your head is: what the hell does that mean? When I do anything that has to do with my look it comes from a place of self improvement. I have an image of my most successful and attractive self. It's a place I know I will never reach but will always be striving for. That's a good thing. I dont want to feel content. I don't push myself when I'm content.

Now Question #2 may be: Ok so how does this translate over to fashion? Whether it be clothing or hygeine or fitness, it matters. It matters when you look in the mirror and it matters when people look at you. Despite what most people say in the community your looks are a factor. If not they'd all let themselves gain 100 pounds and would go out in their paint clothes.

The better your skills, the less you need to rely on your looks. Looks also only get you so far. I've seen plenty of guys waste their god given looks with a poor personality and no confidence. Looks can get your foot in the door much more frequently. Looks make every step that much easier. So why not stack the deck in your favor? If you have bad skin, find the best remedy you can and pay for it. If you are overweight set goals and reduce your waistline. Bad fashion (most people fall in this category) go out and buy some clothes that look good on you. But make sure you are not buying just more expensive versions of what you have been buying. Change it up. Find inspiration from fashion magazines, from friends, from cute shop girls. Just make sure someone else gives a thumbs up.

These things are all surface things but they are the things that people see when they first glance your way. When you see a woman on the streets, when you step before a prospective employer or client, when you ask someone for a favor they make a judgment on you before a word has been said. Improve yourself both inside and OUT because it is all you. It is just a part of the puzzle.
DoublePoppa
DoublePoppa
Admin

http://sites.google.com/site/theantimethod/

Back to top Go down

Fashion Philosophy Overview Empty Re: Fashion Philosophy Overview

Post by Ace of Clubs Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:06 am

DoublePoppa wrote
Change it up. Find inspiration from fashion magazines, from friends,
from cute shop girls. Just make sure someone else gives a thumbs up.

1. If you have any questions for us about what we think of your fashion, feel free to post something on here. You can put up a picture of what you are wearing out and we will be more then happy to send pass along our advice.

2. Asking a cute "shop girl" about what she thinks about a certain attire is a great way to open a set.
Ace of Clubs
Ace of Clubs
Admin

http://sites.google.com/site/theantimethod/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum